To lead, manage and set the strategic vision and mission of SAFCOL Group that will enable it to achieve its stated financial and other strategic objectives. The incoming Group Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will report to the Chairperson of the Board and serve as Chairperson of the SAFCOL Executive Committee. He/she will be responsible for strategic leadership and financial sustainability of the organisation. He/she will account to the SAFCOL Board on successful implementation and execution of SAFCOL strategic objectives. He/she will need to ensure that the Company is well positioned in the industry and amongst its stakeholders; and that a conducive environment is created in the organisation for employees to perform and grow. The CEO will ensure that there is operational efficiency, implementation of strategic projects, quality service, cost-effective management of resources and sound people management. Provide effective support to the SAFCOL Board of Directors in discharging its oversight and governance role on SAFCOL Group and its subsidiaries.
- Collaborate with the SAFCOL Board of Directors in developing the SAFCOL Group Strategy taking into account the prevailing strategic context, including the Shareholder’s strategic priorities.
- To develop a clear and comprehensive Strategic Plan for the Company, both short- and long-term goals, must also have the ability to effectively execute the Strategic
- Collaborate with the SAFCOL Board of Directors in achieving the Company’s Business Strategy as guided by the Department of Public Enterprises (DPE) and the Executive representatives (Minister and Deputy Minister) of the Shareholder.
- Oversee, direct, and lead the implementation of the approved SAFCOL Strategy, including the Annual Corporate Strategic Plan, long- term strategy and the Shareholder’s
- Direct and lead the development and implementation of SAFCOL’s Business Unit’s Strategies and ensure alignment with SAFCOL
Business Plan and Strategy.
- Strategy execution with financial impact, efficiencies and Business
- Manage and lead the performance and development of the Executive Management Committee (EXCO) to ensure delivery of the organisational objectives, Business performance and related targets, in particular financial targets, which includes SAFCOL profitability and growth
- Lead, promote and achieve a positive organisational culture that supports the achievement of SAFCOL strategic objectives, which enhances productive and motivated employees and
- Create a high-performing organisation with a culture that maintains the highest ethical and governance
- Direct, monitor and measure the performance of Executives, in accordance with the metrics stated within the Strategy, Performance Management and Shareholder’s
- Lead and ensure compliance with Corporate Governance requirements, Legislation and Company
- Monitor organisational and financial risks and ensure mitigating actions through the establishment and maintenance of a sound risk plan and financial control environment.
- Ensure there is governance, sound internal controls and assurance providers within the
- Ensure appropriate funding and investments are
- Lead, direct and manage SAFCOL in accordance with its mandate, ensure quality delivery of products and services, continue to build the social and developmental success of SAFCOL and fully embrace all aspects of the sector’s Transformation Charter.
- Continuously manage and maintain a good relationship with key stakeholders, such as the Employees, Shareholder, Communities, the Union, and
- In consultation with the Chairperson of the Board of Directors represent SAFCOL in the public domain, media, and Parliament and in engagement with other
- A postgraduate degree in Business Administration or suitable qualification at NQF Level
- An undergraduate degree at NQF Level 7 with other relevant postgraduate degree or Executive Development Programme, will be an added
- Valid driver’s
- 10-15 years’ experience in Business or Operations Management, of which at least five (5) years’ experience is at Executive Committee
- Proven experience in and/or understanding of State-Owned Company Governance Framework, g. (PFMA), will be an added advantage.
- Experience in managing diverse portfolio, will be an added
- A demonstrable and sustainable track record of turning around commercially and operationally challenged
- Extensive experience in raising capital (funding) and managing small- and large-scale capital
- A solid understanding of Forest Management Sector, will be an added
- Experience with track record in managing diverse and dynamic industry stakeholder
- A solid track record in restructuring complex Business environment for sustainability and
- Compliance with relevant Legislations, Government policies and established Governance
|Leadership Competencies · Strategic Thinking · Critical Thinker · Leading Others · Driving Change · Operational Delivery · Commercial Insight · Self-Awareness · Strategy Execution · Leadership Skills
|Behavioural Competencies · Strategic Communication & Interpersonal Skills · Corporate Governance & Results Oriented · Business Acumen · Integrity · Ethical Leadership · Political Savvy
|Technical Competencies · Cognitive · Business Management · Collaboration · Strategy Execution · Business Management · Financial Management · Reporting · PFMA · Governance Framework · Risk Management
SAFCOL Group is an equal opportunity Company with the focus on gender equality and people with disabilities.Employment Equity will be taken into consideration in terms of all appointments within SAFCOL.