SAFCOL is committed to interventions to create awareness, prevent and help manage HIV/AIDS, women and child abuse and the total wellness of employees. Our employees are the most valuable asset, therefore providing a wellness programme that will help ensure employee wellbeing and job satisfaction is necessary. As an employee, most hours are spend at work, one needs an excellent environment that can influence a healthy life.
The goal of this program is to:
- To reduce absenteeism and enhance productivity
- To Increased Quality of Work life
- Ensure a safer workplace for employees and the company
- Ensure Legal compliance according relevant Legislation
- Improved recording and reporting – meaningful data that can be used to address and manage specific trends / issues at individual site level
- Headed up at corporate level – consistent management support on all wellness matters
- Help employees manage their health goals and lifestyle choices
An integrated health care and wellness programme for SAFCOL employees exits that offers the following services:
Primary Health care
Limited number of consultations and medication.
Incapacity/ ill health management
Medical assessment and reporting in respect of possible medical incapacity.
Occupational health screenings
Pre-employment, periodical and post-employment screenings based on the Occupational Risk Exposure profile.
Injury on duty management
Treatment and rehabilitation of injuries
Employee assistance programme
Awareness programmes and training
Our mission is driven by our continuous focus and commitment to support the achievement of business strategy through high performing teams, attraction, development and retention strategies, thus ensuring that we have the best talent to achieve value added performance in our business.
Human Capital Programmes:
- Job profiling, grading and evaluation exercise
- Succession planning for Females and core positions
- Performance Management system
- Management of Health and Wellness
- Policy Development
- Learning and development
- Governance, risk and compliance
- Socio and Economic Development Programmes
- Enterprise Development Programmes
- Transformation and Forestry Charter
- Shareholder compact
SAFCOL has over 1736 permanent and fixed term employees in South Africa, 538 employees in Mozambique and approximately 2,900 contractors.
The Human Capital Division was entrusted to drive measures and implement strategies aimed at achieving one of the company strategic goals, being to build, attract and retain skill thereby creating competent and talented workforce. The Company continuously strived to achieve the status of being the employer of choice through application and implementation of best human resources practices and enhancing drivers to employee value proposition.
SAFCOL strives to create a conducive working environment that attracts talented diverse workforce. The focus on transforming the workplace and promote equity and diversity, offer training, learnerships, skills development, ensure talent leadership development, succession planning, promote employees wellness and promote a healthy work-life balance. The aim is to create an HC structure and service delivery model that provides end-to-end services to the business. Apart from this, Human Capital aims to deliver value adding services to the executives and line management by engaging in more strategic conversations and working together in partnership to meet business challenges.
The shortage of scarce and critical skills has a medium to long-term impact on production and shareholders value. It is therefore imperative to find alternative ways of ensuring that skills are coming through the talent pipeline. SAFCOL is investing in bursary provision to guarantee a continuous flow of talent in the critical and scarce skills category.