VISION, MISSION & CORE VALUES
SAFCOL (South African Forestry Company SOC Limited) is the third largest state-owned forestry company in South Africa, under the Department of Public Enterprises (DPE) with operations in Limpopo, Mpumalanga, Kwa Zulu Natal, as well as in the northern parts of Mozambique.
SAFCOL’s mandate is; to conduct forestry business which includes timber harvesting, timber processing and related activities, both domestically and internationally.
Through our operations we employ about 5000 people through direct and indirect employment and by extension, are responsible for about 20 000 lives in communities adjacent our operations.
A leader in sustainable forests and commercial forest products.
- Growing our business in the forestry value chain,
- Maximising stakeholder value through strategic partnerships
- Facilitating sustainable economic transformation of the forestry industry and thereby uplifting communities, and
- Maintaining practices that are economically viable, environmentally acceptable and socially beneficial.
- We are passionate about forests and our communities.
- We strive for excellence and innovation in our business.
- We respect and value our employees
- We strive for customer satisfaction.
- We conduct ourselves with honesty and integrity.